Our mission, vision & what we believe
Our mission at NCF
To be a community of people committed to Jesus as Lord, who love God, love people and make disciples of all nations.
Our vision at NCF
At NCF, we have a vision of what sort of a church we want to be and what we want to do as followers of Jesus.
We acknowledge that this vision will only be achieved by the grace of God, through the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus and by the power and presence of the Holy Spirit working in our lives and church.
- to be a united, inclusive and close all-age community committed to following Jesus Christ, whose members love God and each other deeply, protect, support and promote each other, work well together, and love and serve those around us.
- to nurture, train, equip, and release Christians of all ages to walk closely with Christ in the freedom he offers, love him deeply, trust him readily, and become mature disciples of his, constantly full of the Holy Spirit, showing the character of Christ, spending quality time with him in prayer and bible study, and being involved in his work of ministry and mission in the church and outside.
- to transform our local and wider communities in Luton by sharing God’s love and our gifts and talents with them, and putting our faith into action by serving them, working to change and improve lives, and helping in the name of Jesus.
- to make Jesus known to others, make new disciples, heal physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally in the power of the Holy Spirit, and to set people free from issues in their past and from the bondage of sin.
- to support those who minister outside our locality, in meeting those on the edge, in showing them God’s love, and in seeking to introduce them to Jesus, by having appropriate mission partners overseas and in the UK.
Our belief at NCF
- there is one God, who exists in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Jesus announced the arrival of God’s kingdom, died on the cross to destroy the power of sin, rose bodily from the dead, ascended to heaven and will return in glory
- God restores, heals, forgives, transforms and adopts us into his family and kingdom when we turn to him and follow Jesus as Lord
- we need to let the Holy Spirit fill us constantly; he guides, equips us and gives us gifts to enable us to live in unity and to work for his kingdom on earth
- we hear God through the bible [his inspired word to us], prophecy and prayer
- we must strive to be a united and loving community
- we should be working for the extension of Jesus’ kingdom in Luton by spreading love and forgiveness and by introducing others to Christ
Our pillars at NCF
- Loving God
- Loving people
- Living in the light of the Word of God
- Living in the power of the Holy Spirit
- Living a life of holiness
- Living a life of freedom
- Living a life of revelation